ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Code Review groups
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 16:55:57 GMT
Hi committers and contributors,

I'm sure most of you have ran into this before; whenever I submit a code review I'm always
curious to find out which reviewers I should include that are knowledgeable in that area.
So I'll typically run git blame to find the last 2-3 people that worked on those files, which
takes time and may include reviewers no longer interested in that code area or miss reviewers
that are interested.
I want to propose a wiki where developers sign up to be reviewers for a particular section,
could be a feature, directory, etc.

Thoughts?

This allows developers to opt-in to areas of interest (even outside of their current expertise),
should produce better code reviews, and make it easier for new contributors to find the right
people.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez