ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Reminder on Code Review Best Practices
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 18:59:54 GMT
A large number of changes we see towards the end of the release cycle is modification to config
properties and are also prime candidates to cause regression. To that end, a new page is added
to the wiki - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+config+properties+to+service+definition
to talk about what to look out for when making config property changes.

Hope this will help as a guideline to think through the scenarios that get impacted when a
config property is added/modified/deleted.

Feel free to add to the above.

thanks
Sumit
From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:49 AM
To: dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Reminder on Code Review Best Practices

Hi all,

This is a friendly reminder on our code review best practices.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Code+Review+Guidelines

* Whenever possible, the reviewer should be the first to annotate the code review to make
it easier for others to read, i.e., help them help you.
* For larger patches, please allow 24 hours in code review so other developers have gotten
a chance to look at it, especially if they are in a different time zone.
* Include the right developers in the review, run git blame to see who last modified the changed
files and take a look at the chart from the link above to include developers interested in
that area.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez