ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Removal of old/defunct branches
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 14:15:14 GMT
Thank you to all of the responses for removal of the branches. I will proceed with them today.

In addition to the below branches which seem old and abandoned, I also propose removing feature
branches which have not seen a commit in more than a year (some in more than 2 years)

ambari-websocket
ambari-yarnapps
audit_logging
branch-embedded-views
branch-rbac-sso
branch-yarnapps-dev
side-navigation-feature-branch

Please let me know if there are any objections to removing the above branches as well.

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 1:59 PM, Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi committers and contributors,
>
> Ambari seems to have a bunch of branches that are dead and don't seem to serve any useful
purposes. These include:

> origin/AMBARI-12885
> origin/trunk
> remote/branch-2.4
> remote/branch-2.5
> trunkj
> trunkpwd
>
> They all seem to be either wrong (including the name of the origin or remote in them)
or misspellings.

> I am sure some of the other branches we have are dead too (like feature-improved-rack-awareness-handling),
but I thought we'd start with the obvious ones. I'd like to see if the community is OK removing
the above mentioned branches.