ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <mpapyrkovs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: New JIRA - Commit messages
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:47:56 GMT
+1 for removing redundant user names
author is always clearly visible via all cli tools / IDE.
Only reason I see we used it previously is that committers had to manually apply patch and
create commit.
This required more git knowledge and additional info from contributor to set author value
correctly.
So name in commit message was nice and easy solution we don’t require anymore.

Myroslav