ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Vivek Ratnavel <vivekratna...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 19:04:31 GMT
Hi Team,

The Apache Ambari repository was moved to gitbox yesterday for deeper
integration with github and folks have started using github for review and
merge of patches. If you are unsure of any step, please read the updated How
to Contribute
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/How+to+Contribute>
guide.

With JIRA linking enabled on Github pull requests, the ASF Github Bot
automatically posts several messages as comments in the related JIRA. Check
this JIRA for example - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22739.
While it is nice to have these comments, we don't want to pollute the
comments section of JIRA. When I contacted Apache Infra team on this issue,
they suggested that there is an option to push these messages to "Worklog"
section of JIRA which made sense to me.

I am starting this thread to get your vote on moving ASF Github Bot
comments to "Worklog" section in JIRA.

Thanks,
Vivek Ratnavel​