ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Balazs Bence Sari <bs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:28:32 GMT
+1 (although it seems to me like a workaround, the best thing probably would be to add the
patch as an attachment)

On 1/10/18, 10:15, "Krisztian Kasa" <kkasa@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>+1
>
>On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:04 PM, Vivek Ratnavel <vivekratnavel@apache.org<mailto:vivekratnavel@apache.org>>
wrote:

>Hi Team,
>
>The Apache Ambari repository was moved to gitbox yesterday for deeper integration with
github and folks have started using github for review and merge of patches. If you are unsure
of any step, please read the updated How to Contribute<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/How+to+Contribute>
guide.

>With JIRA linking enabled on Github pull requests, the ASF Github Bot automatically posts
several messages as comments in the related JIRA. Check this JIRA for example - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22739.
While it is nice to have these comments, we don't want to pollute the comments section of
JIRA. When I contacted Apache Infra team on this issue, they suggested that there is an option
to push these messages to "Worklog" section of JIRA which made sense to me.