ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Add reviewers to PR as a non-committer?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:27:38 GMT
Spark also has over 400 PRs open :)

Taking a quick look, we have ones like this: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/20161

Which have been open for 2 weeks with no reviews (even with an @mention) in the comments.

I think it's a shame that the GitHub PR model doesn't allow picking reviewers, especially
since it negates their very own filters. I suppose we'll just have to use the @mention for
now.

On Jan 17, 2018, at 3:08 PM, Vivek Ratnavel <vivekratnavel@apache.org<mailto:vivekratnavel@apache.org>>
wrote:

I have seen some other very active Apache projects including Apache Spark
using this model successfully for a long time now. They have a portal to
keep track of open PRs and stale PRs categorized by components -
https://spark-prs.appspot.com/

The contributors open PRs and wait for the community to review it. For
instance, take a look at this - https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/20297

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com>