ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Dmytro Grinenko <dgrine...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:24:21 GMT
+1

"although it seems to me like a workaround, the best thing probably would be to add the patch
as an attachment"

Is there any need on that?   Afaik any pull request stay in git while repo is hosted on git,
and any patch/diff from pull request could be downloaded using pull id.

For example AMBARI-22739:

Curl https://api.github.com/repos/apache/ambari/pulls/72  will show:

  "diff_url": "https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/72.diff",
  "patch_url": "https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/72.patch"

I.e. diff or patch could be always be downloaded using url pattern above. As a solution, we
could create links for them in jira, instead of attaching them

-----Original Message-----
From: Balazs Bence Sari [mailto:bsari@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:29 AM
To: dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA

On 1/10/18, 10:15, "Krisztian Kasa" <kkasa@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>+1
>
>On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:04 PM, Vivek Ratnavel <vivekratnavel@apache.org<mailto:vivekratnavel@apache.org>>
wrote:

>Hi Team,
>
>The Apache Ambari repository was moved to gitbox yesterday for deeper integration with
github and folks have started using github for review and merge of patches. If you are unsure
of any step, please read the updated How to Contribute<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/How+to+Contribute>
guide.

>With JIRA linking enabled on Github pull requests, the ASF Github Bot automatically posts
several messages as comments in the related JIRA. Check this JIRA for example - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22739.
While it is nice to have these comments, we don't want to pollute the comments section of
JIRA. When I contacted Apache Infra team on this issue, they suggested that there is an option
to push these messages to "Worklog" section of JIRA which made sense to me.