ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep G <sandeepbit...@gmail.com>
Subject Stack Advisor during Rolling upgrade
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:22:41 GMT
Hi
I have two stack advisors defined in the services directory of two versions
( say HDP - 2.5 and HDP - 2.6). I recommend dynamic configurations of
different services like HBASE in the stack advisor script using the method
recommendHbaseConfiguration() method. I see that the stack advisor is
getting called in the fresh cluster install ( with say 2.5 version) and all
the recommended configurations in 2.5 stack advisor are getting set
appropriately.

However if I recommend a different value for some key in 2.6 -> stack
advisor, I see that it is not getting updated during the Rolling Upgrade
from 2.5 to 2.6. Why is the stack advisor not getting called during the
rolling upgrade ? How do I update a configuration value of a service during
a Rolling Upgrade ?

Thanks
--Sandeep