ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fix build and tests on ARM64 CPU architecture
Date Tue, 25 May 2021 11:21:35 GMT
Hello Ambari devs,

I've created new Pull Requests against branch-2.7:

- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3311 - A small PR that introduces a system property
(ambari.web.skip) that could be used to disable the UI build and tests. This way Ambari could
be build on non-x86_64 machines.
Its build at Jenkins failed due to "missing JIRA id" - https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Ambari%2FAmbari-PreCommit-GitHub-PR/detail/PR-3311/1/pipeline.
I think it was because of the ill-formatted PR title

- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3312 - This PR replaces the non-maintained PhantomJS
with headless Chromium for UI testing. Due to the old versions of the other JS dependencies
it is not quite possible to use Puppeteer to auto-install Chromium. And this is the reason
for the failing build - https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Ambari%2FAmbari-PreCommit-GitHub-PR/detail/PR-3312/6/pipeline.
Someone has to install Chromium on the Jenkins node

Any feedback is very welcome!

Regards,
Martin