ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Szabolcs Beki <szabolcs.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari 2.7.6 Maintenance Release
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2021 13:24:06 GMT
Hello Ambari Devs and PMCs,

It has been quite a long time since the last Ambari release.

branch-2.7 includes some important vulnerability fixes and also has fixes
to make Ambari decoupled from HDP. This became necessary as all versions of
HDP repositories are pushed behind paywall, making this and all previous
Ambari versions unusable for typical users in their current form.

Still, my  proposal is to release Ambari after testing and documentation
updates more or less with the existing set of fixes.

The new version would have modified use case, but still this update would
be useful for  :

   - Users having local HDP 3.1.x repositories can continue using it with
   Ambari 2.7.6
   - Users having their custom services and stack definitions
   - Users using Ambari indirectly inside other distributions like in BigTop

Let me know your thoughts.

In the meantime  I created task for tracking what's going on with the
release process : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-25683

Regards,
Szabolcs Beki