apr-bugs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 61517] New: APR-Util configure fails against mariadb-10.2.8+
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 22:05:23 GMT

            Bug ID: 61517
           Summary: APR-Util configure fails against mariadb-10.2.8+
           Product: APR
           Version: 1.6.0
          Hardware: PC
                OS: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: APR-util
          Assignee: bugs@apr.apache.org
          Reporter: bugs-a17@moonlit-rail.com
  Target Milestone: ---

Created attachment 35325
  --> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=35325&action=edit
Patch to fix MariaDB-10.2 detection

The configure script for APR-Util fails to detect the current "GA" release of
MariaDB, 10.2.  This is due to a re-factoring of header files under
/usr/include/mysql, introduced in mariadb-10.2.8, that move "server" and other
internal headers into their own private subdirectories.

The actual MySQL code, in dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.c, has been written to deal with
different versions of header files being loaded; it compiles just fine with the
newer MariaDB.

But the autoconf script in build/dbd.m4 looks for internal header files that
are not really supposed to be used by client code, specifically my_sys.h and
my_global.h.  I rewrote the logic to gate inclusion of MySQL on only two client
headers, mysql.h and errmsg.h.  The other header files are still tested, but do
not gate inclusion of MySQL.

As the newer mariadb-10.2 changes the name of its shared library from
libmysqlclient to libmariadb, I also added detection and handling for that.

I have attached my patch against apr-util-1.6.0

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bugs-unsubscribe@apr.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: bugs-help@apr.apache.org

View raw message