aries-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: {DISCUSS] Home for Daytrader sample leveraging Aries
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:45:24 GMT

On Jan 12, 2010, at 2:57 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Daytrader has a long history of insufficient maintenance and ad-hoc changes to suit the
demands of the moment, followed by no cleanup of all the broken edges.    IMO having an aries
version of daytrader, the latest hot thing, will mean that the ee version will be completely
dead.  I don't think this is desirable.  However, I'm not likely to work on any version of
daytrader in the forseeable future.

I don't disagree with your history of DayTrader. However, I doubt that the EE version dies,
at least not right away. There is, and will continue to be a need for samples on both programming
models. Assuming that's true, I think it's potentially confusing to end up with two different
applications called "DayTrader". So, I'm wondering if there should be some separation, naming-wise...

--kevan