aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating WAR to WAB converter
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:55:53 GMT
The WAR to WAB url handler is pretty useless in the absence of a web
application extender which can serve the content. That is why, in my
view, it has remained in contrib, not because of lack of interest.
Until we have a view on how/where we get a web application extender
from I do not think there is a need to create the WAR to WAB url
handler. At that time I would expect to want to ensure that the code
is reused between the BundleConverter and the WAR to WAB converter.

Alasdair

2010/1/12 Valentin Mahrwald <vmahrwald@googlemail.com>:
> Hi Lin,
>
> as it stands I have not moved the webbundle url handler part of the code.
> Rather I have moved the existing code to hook into the BundleConverter API
> that is defined in application manifest. So using the current bundle
> (application-converters) you would not get the webbundle url handler and you
> would need to have at least the application API bundle as well.
>
> The main reason for this setup is that there is an immediate use case for
> the code through the BundleConverter API but I was not sure on the other
> hand if anyone is actually interested in the webbundle url handler on its
> own (seeing how long the code has lingered in /contrib ;).
>
> Regards,
>
> Valentin
>

> On 12 Jan 2010, at 14:30, Lin Sun wrote:
>
>> I prefer to keep them separately too.  It is possible that people may
>> just want to consume the webbundle url handler without the app
>> management API.
>>
>> Lin
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Alasdair Nottingham <not@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm very tempted to suggest putting it out separately so people can
>>> choose not to consume it reasonably easily. Also I think it is likely
>>> that as we progress we may want to use it in more places and having it
>>> slightly to one size should make that simpler.
>>>
>>> Just my 2 cents worth.
>>>
>>> Alasdair

API

I can