aries-dev mailing list archives

From The Dweller <bardwel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blueprint NamespaceHandlers: DOM or Stax?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 19:15:44 GMT
The quick answer is the blueprint parser is using DOM, so ns handlers being
part of that process also use the same api.

If the bp parser were rewritten to use stax, then the ns handler interface
would need updating also.
Of course, then you'd have to consider if we'd want to maintain some sort of
compatibility bridge to support the older ns handler dom based interface.
As ns handlers are associated to their URIs, we could even multiple api
impls for a given URI, and support a priority ordering for which we'd use..

What are peoples thoughts, moving the parser over wouldnt be trivial, but
wouldnt be excessively large either.. maintaining support for the older ns
handler interface would be a must in the short term at least.. and would
certainly complicate things a little.

Regards,
Ozzy