aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aries web site
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 20:47:05 GMT
On 03/11/2010 19:11, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know more about the benefits of moving. Plus I think
> the next step would be a vote on whether we want to move, rather than
> raising the JIRA, but that is just anal semantics.
Support for the Confluence solution will go, so the question is rather
*when* we move, not *whether* we move.
> Any chance you could point to info on this new CMS so I could take a look?
Try here: http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-site.html - but it's more
about mechanics than advantages.
If you want to understand the advantages probably the best thing is to
look at the instructions that I wrote for the Aries Wiki/Web update
http://incubator.apache.org/aries/maintainingthewebpages.html, then
understand that Joe took me through a website update from start to
finish in less than 10 minutes - and that included explaining the
process :-) No waits of several hours wondering whether things have
worked or not. By the way - I think we can get our content checked in to
the new system so that people could experiment while the current system
stays in place - I'll make sure that that is the case.

Zoe