aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jpa blueprint ns handler question
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:35:52 GMT
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Alasdair Nottingham <not@apache.org> wrote:

> I was specifically referring to your comment about one form making more sense than another.
I was pointing out that which is simpler or clearer and depends on what you think jpa:context
means. I was not commenting on the relative validity of the two XML snippets.

Ok. To me the question is, what fits better or is more natural from
Blueprint POV? The syntax I described fits much better with Blueprint,
it's consistent, flexible, etc. Even one of the jpa blueprint users
had the right idea in ARIES-413.

The argument and property bean injection is well defined in the
blueprint spec and we shouldn't invent our own ways of doing the same.
The current namespace handler just does too much and if we switch to
the new syntax the code and schema will be simpler and we will have
greater flexibility.

Jarek