aries-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX Proposal
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:24:21 GMT
Hi Alasdair,

Am Mittwoch, den 15.06.2011, 14:18 +0100 schrieb Alasdair Nottingham:
> Hi,
>
> We have this new JMX whiteboard component in aries now and I was thinking it
> would be nice if we could either update the JMX spec implementation to use
> the whiteboard pattern, or to provide an alternative packaging which did.

IMHO whiteboard pattern support is really missing from the spec. So,
yes, I think the spec should be amended.

As for packaging: Are you saying to merge the JMX whiteboard bundle
classes into the JMX core bundle ? I am not so sure. On the one hand I
like the modularization of these bundles. On the other hand, if this
goes into the spec, we would sooner or later merge anyway.

Regards
Felix