aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Another weaving problem?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:10:57 GMT
I'm tired of being in the middle of this.  Please discuss this on the owb dev list or in comments
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-579

The problem in owb is that although the actual proxy building code has no problems with the
final synthetic methods, there's an excessively naive check for proxyability that just looks
at all declared methods and checks they aren't final.  Based on this example, I think there
may be a  lot of existing code with similar errors that works fine in most situations but
will not work with aries.

I'll commit a fix to owb too so everyone is unhappy.  if you folks can convince the owb folks
that the methods should be final I'll put the final back in aries.

thanks
david jencks