aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Semantic Versioning tool
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 01:04:57 GMT
I spent some time this weekend working on the semantic versioning code recently contributed.
 I now have a usable if not ideal maven plugin.  See ARIES-757 for sample configuration and
output.

If I have time I'd like to enhance this to optionally generate package.info files containing
the recommended new version.  Possibly also a fail-on-wrong-versions options would be useful.

In brief, you configure the plugin with the "old" bundle maven coordinates, aether fetches
the old bundle, and the version checker compares it with the just-built jar and tells you
in the build output how it differs.

Comments on how it would be more useful would be very welcome, although I can't guarantee
time to fix it.

many thanks
david jencks