aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject CDI annotations in OSGi
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:59:33 GMT
Hi all,

I have seen the blueprint annotations prototype but the annotations
there do not seem to be standardized.

I wonder if it would make sense to implement the CDI annotations from
Java EE. The advantage would be that there is already a lot of
documentation on how they work and people with Java EE experience would
already know them. Are there already projects that provide this? Would
it make sense to implement this in Aries?

As I currently use blueprint a lot I also wonder how well CDI
annotations would work together with blueprint. CDI seems to also define
a beans.xml but it is different from blueprint so I am not sure if this
can be made compatible.
If I understood CDI correctly then CDI processing is triggered by a
beans.xml in the META-INF directory. So we might use the existence of a
OSGI-INF/blueprint/*.xml as a trigger for CDI processing in the
blueprint context.

Does that make sense? Would CDI annotations be a good alternative to the
(as far as I know proprietary) blueprint annotations?

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de