aries-dev mailing list archives

From "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.si...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Jenkins build is still unstable: Aries #1418
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:16:57 GMT
Hi,

The issue is fixed by now, however I had another quick look into it. Aries generally uses
slf4j 1.5, however for some obscure reason openejb has a compile time dependency to slf4j-log4j12
1.6.1, so this gets dragged in as a transitive dependency. It's probably safer to exclude
it from the dependency explicitly:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
    <artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
    <version>4.0.0-beta-1</version>
    <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
            <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
            <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
        <exclusion>
              <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
              <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
         </exclusion>
    </exclusions>
</dependency>

Removing anything from your local maven repository will only help you for outdated snapshots
or if you have stuff in there your built for yourself (with mvn install), all the other stuff
will be fetched from the remote repositories again.

Best regards
Stephan