aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Aries jmx bundles release candidate
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:05:49 GMT

Hi,

All four build fine, and the poms/manifests for three of them are fine. Unfortunately the
manifest for jmx-bundle doesn't use version ranges in most of its imports:

Import-Package: javax.management,javax.management.openmbean,org.apache
 .aries.util;version="[1.0,2)",org.osgi.framework;version="1.5.0",org.
 osgi.jmx;version="1.0.0",org.osgi.jmx.framework;version="1.5.0",org.o
 sgi.jmx.service.cm;version="1.3.0",org.osgi.jmx.service.permissionadm
 in;version="1.2.0",org.osgi.jmx.service.provisioning;version="1.2.0",
 org.osgi.jmx.service.useradmin;version="1.1.0",org.osgi.service.cm;re
 solution:=optional;version="1.3.0",org.osgi.service.log;version="[1.3
 ,2)",org.osgi.service.packageadmin;version="[1.2,2)",org.osgi.service
 .permissionadmin;resolution:=optional;version="1.2.0",org.osgi.servic
 e.provisioning;resolution:=optional;version="1.2.0",org.osgi.service.
 startlevel;version="[1.1,2)",org.osgi.service.useradmin;resolution:=o
 ptional;version="1.1.0",org.osgi.util.tracker;version="[1.4,2)"

I think all of these are set in the pom - I'm not sure if the right answer is to remove all
of the versions in the <aries.osgi.import> tag and let the bundle plugin figure it out,
or to put in the right version ranges. The former is more maintainable (and nicer) but might
not give the intended result.

I'm sure we all agree this is a showstopper. If I can +1 the three other bundles and ask for
the jmx-bundle to be fixed/respun then great, otherwise I'm afraid David will have to wait
a little longer. Sorry!

Regards,

Tim Ward
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)