aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:02:03 GMT
I agree that our builds have not been at all reliable lately. I've
noticed three categories of problem:

1. Svn failures. Since the upgrade to Jenkins 1.40 (I think), the svn
update sometimes fails and we build against an old revision of the
Aries code bade. I've raised
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4949 to cover the issue. I
wondered if changing the build to do a complete checkout rather than
update would fix this. The downside is it would slow the builds down.
2. Jenkins IO failures.
3. Intermittent failures in EJB and quiesce tests. I think this is
minor compared to 1. and 2.

The latest batch of failures seem to be a mix of weird Jenkins
exceptions and weird intermittent test failures, which I have no
bright ideas for fixing, unfortunately.