aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Aries build still broken locally.
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:02:10 GMT
I've just had a successful build in a clean workspace from a clean
checkout. I did, however, need to re-deploy the application.modeller
jar, since the deployed snapshot was incomplete. (Obviously that's a
one-off thing, since we'd normally expect deployed things not to be
corrupt!)

I also identified a few snapshots in the sample build where the
snapshot had been deployed and I'd missed updating it (properties are
harder for me to update than normal maven dependencies, so I got it
wrong!). I've fixed those, so I'd be surprised if you see further
problems.

Again, just to reiterate, the problems I saw were (a) a corrupt
snapshot (not my fault, but I should have noticed it) and (b) expired
snapshots where a released version did exist (totally my fault!), so
building in general against snapshots should work. Nonetheless, we are
aiming for a build where all dependencies are on released versions,
unless absolutely necessary. I expect we'll be there within a few more
release cycles.