aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JMX package import versions
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:03:53 GMT
Thanks David, that helps me understand what's going on. Based on your
explanation, though, it seems to me like jmx actually needs to be
fairly closely coupled to the framework version. Backwards
compatibility isn't enough, since the jmx classes actually implement
the framework interfaces. For example, in
org/apache/aries/jmx/Framework, we implement FrameworkMBean. There's a
new method, getDependencyClosure(), on v1.7 of FrameworkMBean. Won't
we risk NoSuchMethodExceptions if we import version of 1.7 of the
org.osgi.jmx.framework package and the getDependencyClosure() method
on the interface gets driven? Or am I not getting how the bean would
be used?