aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problem building Aries
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:18:03 GMT
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Graham Charters <gcharters@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Error transferring file: RSA pr
> emaster secret error
> [INFO] Repository 'apache.snapshots' will be blacklisted

Gosh, that bit about blacklisting apache.snapshots doesn't bode well
for your subsequent builds either, does it?

> I was a little surprised that the versions in trunk depend on things
> that aren't released and aren't built in trunk, but maybe that's the
> right policy, I would have expected the versions in trunk to be
> updated after the release has passed.

Updating the versions in trunk after the release has passed is exactly
what we do do. :) In this case it just happens that you were building
while eba-maven-plugin was in the process of being released, so
everything else was depending on a deployed snapshot. (We need to
continue depending on 1.0.0-*, rather than moving to depend on
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT as soon as we start the release, in order to preserve
the correct minimum version of imported packages.) The
eba-maven-plugin release passed overnight, so I'm just about to
promote the release and update dependencies. It seems to take a little
while for the maven mirrors to be updated, but once that's done your
build should be ok - for that bit, at least.

Regards,
Holly