aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <jpjhug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:51:35 GMT
On 3 July 2012 18:39, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> WRT util, I disagree.  There's only one real output bundle from the util goo, org.apache.aries:org.apache.aries.util.
 The util-42 and util-parent are goo necessary (AFAICT) to build against 2 osgi framework
levels but neither one should be released.  If we do anything it should be to override the
deploy plugin in the util-parent and util-42 modules to skip deploy.  I don't see a need to
change the groupId or artifactId of the util bundle.

> util is completely different from blueprint where the "bundle" artifact contains a lot
of stuff all of which is intended to also be available separately.  The util-42 artifact is
compoletely useless by itself and should not be released.

Yes, that is a difference. Like you I'd prefer to not release util-42.