aries-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Blueprint parser 1.1.0 and blueprint-core 1.2.0
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:59:12 GMT

On Oct 9, 2013, at 3:43 AM, "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.siano@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know the maven coordinates of the blueprint-parser. The issue is that there is no clue
on the aries website that this bundle even exists, and I don't understand what it does (I
could try to figure that out from the source code, but I don't think that this is the most
efficient way to do this).

Blueprint parser isn't a bundle.   It's a "plain jar" and it's included into the blueprint-core
bundle.     Thus, right now, the only "important" artifact for use in OSGi is the blueprint-core
bundle.

That said, I do plan on making blueprint-parser a bundle.   I have code that uses stuff in
blueprint-parse, but I cannot deploy any of that into something that uses Gemini as none of
those classes exist.  I'd like to be able to use Gemini even though we would lose some Aries
specific things (like the namespace handlers).

Dan

> Best regards
> Stephan

for blueprint-core on the download page, however I cannot find the blueprint-parser anywhere
(is this a separate component or is it included somewhere and what is this needed for)?

>> Thanks for the link to the release notes (are there really only 4 Jira bugs/tasks
fixed between camel-core 1.1.0 and camel-core 1.2.0?), however I think this should also be
somewhere on the web site. The link to the release notes on the download page is dead.

>> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the great work you are doing, however I would appreciate
it even more, if it was easier to find out, what you are actually doing.

>> Best regards
>> Stephan

do their new 3.0 release.    It's been about 9 months since the last releases anyway so we
should try and get some fixes out there.

--
Daniel Kulp