aries-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Aries JPA 2.0.0
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:41:19 GMT
+1
Sergey

>> On Jun 16, 2015, at 9:16 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

>> I've staged a release for vote at:
>>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositorie/orgapachearies-1024/
>>
>> This is the first release of Aries JPA on a sub project basis. So all modules have
the same version. Still the package versions are managed separately using semantic versioning.

>> This version is a major redesign of the jpa modules.
>> Some of highlights:
>> 1. Persistence Unit bundles can now be updated
>> 2. DataSource and DataSourceFactory are now tracked as services. While we still use
the jndi syntax we are now fully dynamic. An EMF is only created if the PersistenceProvider
and DataSource are present
>> 3. We now support a JPATemplate style that works nicely with Java 8 closures and
makes it easy to use JPA with Declarative Services. See examples
>> 4. We now pass the OSGi TCK for jpa. The source contains a tck test module that can
be easily run by everyone with tck access
>> 5. Support for @PersistenceContext and @PersistenceUnit annotations
>>
>> For a detailed list of changes see:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12332388
>>
>> Release Notes - Aries - Version jpa-2.0.0
>>
>> ** Bug
>>     * [ARIES-1023] - Construct a persistence unit with parameters
>>     * [ARIES-1079] - The jpa.xsd incorrectly specifies bp:map for context, or namespace
handler looking for wrong namespace