aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject [VOTE] Transaction manager 1.3.0, transaction blueprint 1.1.0, jpa 2.1.0
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 07:49:48 GMT
I've staged a release for vote at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1033

In transaction manager there is just a bug fix. I removed the jta API
from the bundle. So it has to be installed separately now. The advantage
is that we do not have  refreshs of bundles depending on jta anymore.

For transaction blueprint and jpa the biggest change is that we now use
the Coordinator service to manage the lifecycle of the EnityManager. So
there is no need anymore for the preCall and postCall methods of
EmSupplier which did this job before. I deprecated the methods and they
only have empty methods as impl now (This is an incompatibility for
people who used these methods directly).
The big advantage is that non blueprint code can now define the
lifecycle using a standard API that does not depend on Aries.

For transaction blueprint we now also support the JTA 1.2 @Transactional
annotation. Together with @PersistenceContext this now allows a purely
standard annotation based configuration of jpa beans. So the user code
does not need to depend on Aries.

Additionally @Transaction(TxType.SUPPORTS) now starts a coordination
even if there is no transaction. So this can be used to extend the
lifecycle of the EntityManager to any code even outside the persistence
layer without managing a coordination by hand.

*Release Notes - Aries - Version transaction-manager-1.3.0*

** Bug
     * [ARIES-1364] - transaction.manager causes cascading refreshs in
karaf 4

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12333144

*Release Notes - Aries - Version transaction-blueprint-1.1.0*
** Bug
     * [ARIES-1361] - EntityManager does not participate in transaction
if transactional interceptor is called after jpa interceptor

** Dependency upgrade
     * [ARIES-1296] - Upgrade to transaction api 1.2

** Improvement
     * [ARIES-1347] - Working example of @Transaction annotation

** New Feature
     * [ARIES-628] - Support JTA attributes by annotations
     * [ARIES-1362] - Support coordinations triggered by transaction markers

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12333049

*Release Notes - Aries - Version jpa-2.1.0*

** Bug
     * [ARIES-736] - Aries does not take into account the concept of
complete/incomplete Persistence Units
     * [ARIES-1349] - EmfProxy.close should close tracker instead of EMF
     * [ARIES-1351] - TCK tests not working

** Improvement
     * [ARIES-1343] - Also scan parent classes for jpa annotations
     * [ARIES-1344] - Support multiple EntityManager injections per class
     * [ARIES-1345] - Support jpa annotations on method and class
     * [ARIES-1346] - EntityManager should be reused for series of
coordinated calls

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12332801

Please review and vote:
   [ ] +1 Release the above artifacts