aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Fw: Versioning Policy
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:39:05 GMT
On 18.08.2015 16:28, John W Ross wrote:
> So the "release by sub projects" methodology would follow the package and
> bundle versioning methods described in
> http://aries.apache.org/development/versionpolicy, with the addition of
> "rounding up" the largest version increment out of all the bundles to
> apply to the project as a whole?
>
> As an example, if only bug fixes are made to subsystem-core resulting in a
> micro version bump to 2.0.3, we would want to also release subsystem-api,
> subsystem-core, subsystem-bundle, and subsystem-obr at version 2.0.3 even
> though nothing changed in subsystem-api or subsystem-obr?
Yes. For any change to be released all bundles have to be released.

> Right now, the version specified in the POM translates into the bundle
> version as it appears in the manifest. Are we talking about forming a
> separation between the bundle versions as they appear in the bundle
> manifests and the released project version as it appears in the POMs, or
> do they remain in sync?

The bundle version and pom version will always be in sync. I also used
the maven module system to automatically manage the versions.
So for example when doing a release you just use the release plugin on
the top level (e.g. jpa) and set release version and next version once.
Maven will then change the versions in all the poms automatically.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de