aries-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel E Bratton" <sbrat...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: any special considerations for attaching debugger when running aries proxy-itests?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 22:13:55 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. Adding the option you referenced and launching without the "-Dmaven.surefire.debug"
allows me to debug.

--
Regards
Samuel Bratton

-----Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzybek@gmail.com> wrote: -----
To: dev@aries.apache.org
From: Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzybek@gmail.com>
Date: 01/14/2016 03:37PM
Subject: Re: any special considerations for attaching debugger when running aries proxy-itests?

Hello

It's a PAX-Exam test, so you have 3rd JVM started (mvn → surefire →
pax-exam remote runner).
See https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXEXAM3/FAQ#FAQ-WhydoestheJavadebuggernotstopatabreakpointIsetinmyPaxExamJUnittest?

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> I'm trying to run proxy-itest and attach the eclipse debugger. I launch from the command
line:

>  mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug -Dtest=org.apache.aries.proxy.itests.BasicProxyBundlesTest
test

> and as expected the command line execution halts with a message:
>
>    Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005
>
> when I attach the debugger, execution continues and blows through my breakpoints, completing.
I tried doing a "mvn clean install" on the whole project, putting multiple breakpoints in
the test and implementation code, and even adding a "Throwable: caught and uncaught" breakpoint,
 but they're all ignored.

> I can debug subsystem itests in this same build using this same technique. Is there something
else I need to do to get this to work for proxy-itest?