aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [jax-rs-whiteboard] First review
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 10:12:19 GMT
On 01.12.2016 10:54, Carlos Sierra Andrés wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Regarding the bus handling: in our original implementation we were not
> limiting the publication of endpoints to only one. So basically the
> administrator could establish several "endpoint publication contexts
> (?)" to potentially publishing different applications with different
> management on each. Maybe this no longer makes sense in the context of
> this new impl. It it true that, if we keep the ability to have more
> than one endpoint, we would need to mark the buses somehow so only the
> interesting ones are tracked. This Buses could be created, for
> instance,  after configuration admin factories. Anyhow, as I said
> before, this might no longer make sense in the context of this RI.
I propose we make this simpler for now and only introduce the tracking
of Bus as a service if there is a concrete need for it. WDYT?

> I am also making use of the Servlet Whiteboard, which is why I publish
> the Servlet, and might not be desirable either.
The servlet whiteboard is fine. The only downside is that it makes the
code a bit incompatible with old HttpService impls. In CXF we switched
to using the HttpService directly for the servlet transport but I think
for this new impl it should be fine to rely on the whiteboard spec.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de