aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi JPA service updates
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:46:49 GMT
Hi Christian,

I’m currently looking at what needs to happen to get the current RI through the existing
CT. Some of the issues thrown up are definitely in the CT itself, so I’ll be following those
up internally in the Alliance. I’m not expecting Aries JPA to need big changes - the one
significant change is that I think Aries will need to start providing its own version of the
javax.persistence API bundle so that we can include the JPA contract, and so that we can make
sure the Persistence Bootstrap class “works” as per the spec (yuck).

For the moment though I’ve found one bug in Aries JPA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1642.
If you’d like to fix it then be my guest, I’ll keep going by installing config admin while
we run the CT. I think the fix should be as simple as putting the following snippet in the
constructor, but I haven’t actually tested it!

if(bundle.getBundleContext().getServiceReference(ConfigurationAdmin.class) == null) {
   createAndConfigureEMF(null);
}

Tim

On 15 Dec 2016, at 09:08, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net<mailto:chris@die-schneider.net>>