aries-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Przybysz <alien11...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pax-cdi-api will change in version 1.0.0
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:04:04 GMT
@Achim
I've lost the context. What does not sound good for you? Are you writing
about own annotations set or current changes in pax?

Pax CDI and CDI are not part of Aries. The problem is that generating
blueprint from annotations depends on pax annotations. It was great at the
beggining, but now we should not look back on pax.

> Hi,
>
> afaik Pax CDI is using the CDI annotation, and OSGi services are handled
> transparently and internaly.
> so for me this doesn't sound like a good idea.
> But I'll leave that to Guillaume Nodet, as he made sure that Pax CDI is CDI
> compatible.
>
> regards, Achim

> > Hi,
> > I've checked pax-cdi-api when I was trying to resolve issue
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1740 and the annotations
> that
> > we are using in the blueprint maven plugin will be not available.
> >
> > pax-cdi-api replaced @OsgiService and @OsgiServiceProvider with
> annotation
> > @Service which, in my opinion, do not meet our needs.
> >
> > The best option is to create own set of annotations, so it will be under
> > Aries control and we won't depend on someone's changes.
> >
> > I propose the annotations (every annotation will have properties
> > coresponding to the relative attributes):
> > - @Service
> > - @ServiceProperty
> > - @Reference
> > - @ReferenceList
> >
> > The handlers for pax annotations I will move to separate sub module as we
> > have done for spring handlers.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > --
> > Pozdrawiam / Regards,