aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Releasing blueprint 1.9.0 soon
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 13:54:13 GMT
I'd like to release blueprint-core 1.9.0 and blueprint-cm 1.2.0 soon.
It includes a number of new important features and a bunch of bug fixes.
If you have any need for something, now is the time, I can spend some time
fixing or implement new stuff.
Let me know asap, else I'll cut a release next week.

If I find some time after the release, I may end up creating a new
namespace and merging the raw blueprint namespace with the ext / cm one.
One important additional feature would be to rework the ConfigAdmin support
to support injecting configuration using custom annotations (as in DS 1.3)
and support for prototype services.

Cheers,
Guillaume

** New Feature
    * [ARIES-960] - Support type inference and generics
    * [ARIES-1138] - Ability to disable Blueprint Schema Validation via
System Property
    * [ARIES-1535] - Introduce a damping policy (reluctant / greedy)
    * [ARIES-1536] - Introduce a reference lifecycle policy (dynamic /
static)
    * [ARIES-1607] - Add a flag to enable raw conversion when using generics
    * [ARIES-1668] - Support null values inside property-placeholders

** Bug
    * [ARIES-1248] - Unable to create bean when passing subclass of
BlockingQueue where argument is of type BlockingQueue and takes generics.
    * [ARIES-1282] - BeanRecipe.findMatchingMethods is not able to filter
out overridden method signatures
    * [ARIES-1544] - Blueprint property resolution fails for setters with
derived type
    * [ARIES-1738] - BeanProcessor are not removed when a namespace is
restarted