aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Aries JMX components (take 2)
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 17:25:45 GMT
Hi Dominik,

Nothing has changed in jmx-api, that's why I didn't release that one.

The jmx-bundle and jmx-blueprint-bundle you are referring to are 'uber'
bundles that are a combination of other bundles. Since we agreed on this
list to do modular releases for Aries JMX [1] these uber bundles aren't
really compatible with that... I guess they can still be released but they
would need some sort of aggregate version number.

Personally I don't see a strong reason to release these aggregate bundles,
as using them is really an OSGi anti-pattern IMHO. However if anyone feels
that these should be released they can be released separately.

@Dominik, I hope your -1 is not a 'veto', if it is please let us know.
Otherwise I think we can continue this release vote and, as mentioned those
bundles can still be released later.

Best regards,

David

[1]