aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothee Maret <tma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Journaled events Kafka implementation
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 22:36:30 GMT
Hi,

As the API somewhat stabilised, I opened a PR with a basic implementation
of journaled event API

    https://github.com/apache/aries-journaled-events/pull/17

In addition to being basic, it is also barely tested for now.
I plan to improve this implementation via more PRs towards the following:

* Making a more efficient use of partitions using configurable keys instead
of hardcoding partitions (currently the code only leverage the partition 0
and does not support keys)
* Extend test coverage to include Kafka specifics such as topic partitioning
* Extend test coverage by allowing to run the test suite currently in the
journal event in-memory implementation
* Add/evaluate a simple caching strategy (potentially to be shared with the
Mongo implementation in a org.apache.aries.events.common module)

Review/merge welcome :-)

Regards,

Timothee