aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Draft of board report for Jan 2019
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 16:34:04 GMT
Here is the draft of the board report. Please let me know if you want any
changes.
I plan to send the report on the weekend.

Christian
----

 - Apache Aries delivers a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
enterprise OSGi application programming model.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - Several feature and bugfix releases
 - Aries Remote Service Admin 1.13.0 is now the reference implementation
for the Remote Service Admin spec again
 - JAX-RS whiteboard is well received in the OSGi community
 - We started a new subproject Aries Journaled Events which aims at
providing a simple API and wrapper implementations for journaled
messaging like Apache Kafka. It allows to use kafka features without
directly depending on it.

## Health report:

Health of the project is good. We have a low number of active committers
but activity is stable and a few new people are becoming active.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 41 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Carlos Sierra Andrés on Tue Jul 03 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 55 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Tom De Wolf at Wed May 03 2017

## Releases:

 - rsa-1.13.0 was released on Fri Oct 05 2018
 - spifly-1.1 was released on Fri Nov 02 2018
 - spifly-1.2 was released on Fri Nov 23 2018
 - blueprint-cm-1.3.1 was released on Fri Dec 07 2018
 - blueprint-core-1.10.1 was released on Fri Dec 07 2018
 - jax-rs-whiteboard-1.0.2 was released on Fri Dec 14 2018
 - proxy-impl-1.1.3 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
 - jpa-2.7.1 was released on Thu Dec 06 2018

## JIRA activity:

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist