aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The project website
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2020 06:15:27 GMT

> On Aug 17, 2020, at 10:43 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le mar. 18 août 2020 à 02:24, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> I’ve created 4 repos at Apache for this and started to move the content to
>> them.
>>

> Why 4? Dont we only need the build and publish ones if we put docs in each
> code repo? Theme should probably stay with build one to avoid to make it
> complex since we couple them anyway.

Well, I’ve had 3 all along, and the 4th is to publish to.  I much prefer keeping all the
separate aspects in separate repos.
At the moment I’m waiting on infra for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20724
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20724>.

>> One repo, aries-site-pub, is for publishing the built site from.  Locally
>> I used svn2git to get the whole history of the published site out of svn.
>> Infra doesn’t seem to recommend doing this, but I think it will be
>> extremely handy to be able to see the history in one place without having
>> to deal with svn.
>>
>> I’ve already realized that
>>
>> - there are a bunch of schemas to serve.  These can go in an attachments
>> directory.
>>

> We have some per project so likely a folder per module or just specific
> links outside antora since we should never delete one, no?

I realized I already put them in attachments, I just didn’t know about the redirects.  If
we end up docs for blueprint, jpa, etc. in the repo the code is in we can move the  schemas
too and have yet more redirects.

> - there’s an existing .htaccess file with a few redirects, and we need one
>> that also shows the new location of every previously existing page.
>>
>> I’ll work on this…

I’m most of the way to having a reasonable .htaccess.

> Sounds great, we keep httpd right?

I don’t think we have a choice about that :-) anyway I have no problems with it…

> Thans a lot David.

Thanks
David Jencks