aries-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The project website
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2020 07:04:41 GMT
Le ven. 21 août 2020 à 08:36, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> > On Aug 20, 2020, at 11:17 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Le ven. 21 août 2020 à 08:15, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com
> <mailto:david.a.jencks@gmail.com>> a

> rmannibucau@gmail.com>

> content

> >> each
> it
> >>
> >> Well, I’ve had 3 all along, and the 4th is to publish to.  I much prefer
> >> keeping all the separate aspects in separate repos.
> >> At the moment I’m waiting on infra for
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20724 <
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20724 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20724>>.
> >>

> > Any reason? It just adds complexity and slows down the build (multiple
> hits)
>
> If you’re building locally, the UI is downloaded when you run npm i (or
> preferably nom run clean-install).  If they are in one repo, you have to
> build the UI every time to be sure it’s up to date.  If it’s referenced in
> an already built state, that’s much faster.

Not really, generally all frontend projects push the build state so you
just reference the built state and when you change it, rebuild it locally
and update the pushed state so this is not an issue IMHO.
Issue is keep synchronizing repos for nothing or having to clone N repo to
work on the website locally. Any indirection increases the entry cost ;).

> However, I find that keeping the UI, playbook, and sources in different
> repo helps keep my thinking more organized, which is far more important to
> me than slight time savings.

Source and build repo yes, but UI and playbook don't need to be split at
all and from experience, when it is not reusable - our case - it is saner
to keep them in the same repo so I think we should merge it.

> David Jencks

> >> Locally
> >> svn.
> >> having

> attachments

> >> I realized I already put them in attachments, I just didn’t know about
> the
> >> redirects.  If we end up docs for blueprint, jpa, etc. in the repo the
> code
> >> is in we can move the  schemas too and have yet more redirects.

> >> one

> >> I’m most of the way to having a reasonable .htaccess.

> >> I don’t think we have a choice about that :-) anyway I have no problems
> >> with it…

> >> Thanks
> >> David Jencks

> spacing