aries-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New component - Type Safe Events
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:12:36 GMT
Hi again everyone.

This discussion has now been open for over 72 hours. Thank you all for the feedback. It seems
as though the consensus is that a reference implementation hosted at Apache would be a positive
asset, and that Aries is a good place for this (although as pointed out, Felix would also
make sense).

I’m therefore going to start the process of creating the repository and starting the development
effort. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

All the best,

Tim

> On 7 Sep 2020, at 17:08, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have no real objection to this landing at Aries but wonder if Felix would be a  more
appropriate place, as it has an implementation of the current Event Admin service.

> David Jencks
>
>> On Sep 7, 2020, at 4:14 AM, Tim Ward <timothyjward@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The “Type Safe Events” RFC (https://github.com/osgi/design/tree/main/rfcs/rfc0244
<https://github.com/osgi/design/tree/main/rfcs/rfc0244>) from the OSGi Alliance has
been turned into a draft specification chapter, and will be in need of a reference implementation.

>> The work so far in this RFC has been part of a European Union Horizon 2020 program
called BRAIN-IoT (http://www.brain-iot.eu <http://www.brain-iot.eu/>). This project
has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
under grant agreement No 780089. This work includes some implementation prototyping, but the
end objective has always been to create an Open Source implementation.

>> Assuming that the Aries community are happy for me to go ahead I plan to develop
the reference implementation of the OSGi specification chapter in the Aries project, based
on this prototype code. If the Aries Community has any thoughts or suggestions I would be
keen to hear them.