aries-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] New component - Type Safe Events
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2020 11:14:22 GMT
Hi all,

The “Type Safe Events” RFC (https://github.com/osgi/design/tree/main/rfcs/rfc0244 <https://github.com/osgi/design/tree/main/rfcs/rfc0244>)
from the OSGi Alliance has been turned into a draft specification chapter, and will be in
need of a reference implementation.

The work so far in this RFC has been part of a European Union Horizon 2020 program called
BRAIN-IoT (http://www.brain-iot.eu <http://www.brain-iot.eu/>). This project has received
funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant
agreement No 780089. This work includes some implementation prototyping, but the end objective
has always been to create an Open Source implementation.

Assuming that the Aries community are happy for me to go ahead I plan to develop the reference
implementation of the OSGi specification chapter in the Aries project, based on this prototype
code. If the Aries Community has any thoughts or suggestions I would be keen to hear them.

Best Regards,

Tim Ward