aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: ECCN Request for Aries TX Control 1.0.0
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2021 18:42:30 GMT
I asked Arnoud to ask for the ECCN on the mailing list. So we have an
initial request.

>From Karl Pauls I learned that we as project PMC have to check if we are
subject to export restrictions and have to apply the apache
process to provide such a ECCN category. This is not very difficult as
basically we just have to describe what we use and apply the universal ECCN
for open source.

So as far as I understood this applies if we use cryptography that falls
under export restrictions.
In this case we have to apply this process:
https://infra.apache.org/crypto.html

and add our product to:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/
(which is part of this process)

For Aries RSA I did this. For the others I am not sure if it is necessary.
If yes then I ask the maintainers to collect and add the information.

Christian

Am Fr., 26. März 2021 um 09:29 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofre <
jb@nanthrax.net>:

> Hi,
>
> As it’s under the terms of the Apache license and government of the Apache
> Software Foundation, I would recommend to contact legal@apache.org
> <mailto:legal@apache.org> to get details.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 26 mars 2021 à 09:26, GLIMMERVEEN Arnoud <
> arnoud.glimmerveen@nl.thalesgroup.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Aries-developers,
> >
> > Thales Nederland BV is considering to use Aries TX Control 1.0.0 in its
> own products. In order to do so we have to make sure that it complies with
> export regulations that apply to our products.
> >
> > According to our information your software could be subject to the
> Export Administration Regulations (EAR) when it is either hosted in the
> United States of America or if any contributor is a resident of the United
> States of America (for more information on this subject, please consult
> https://www.bis.doc.gov/).
> >
> > We therefore kindly ask you if your Aries TX Control 1.0.0 (software) is
> subject to the EAR and, if so, to provide us with the ECCN that applies to
> Aries TX Control 1.0.0.
> >
> > Kind regards, on behalf of Thales Nederland BV,
> > Arnoud Glimmerveen

> > Disclaimer:
> >
> > If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the
> sender and
> > delete it.
> > Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its
> > attachment(s) is forbidden.
> > Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by
> this email or
> > its attachment(s).
> > Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the
> Chamber of
> > Commerce under number 06061578.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de