atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Madhan Neethiraj <mad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Atlas 2.1 release
Date Sat, 16 May 2020 07:29:01 GMT
Robert,

It has been about 3 months since I sent an email on Apache Atlas 2.1 release. The community
added a number of improvements since then – in areas like business-metadata feature, search/UI/performance
improvements. I will shortly send a note to resume Apache Atlas 2.1 release work.

Thanks,

Madhan

From: Robert Yokota <rayokota@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2020 at 3:48 PM
To: "user@atlas.apache.org" <user@atlas.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@atlas.apache.org" <dev@atlas.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache Atlas 2.1 release

Hi Madhan,

Any update on Apache Atlas 2.1?   It looks like 2.0 was released over 1 year ago (5/14/19).

Thanks,

Robert

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:18 AM Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:

That would be great! A faster release cycle would be appreciated as well.

When is the vote due?

Thanks
Bolke

Sent from my iPhone

> On 19 Feb 2020, at 02:10, Madhan Neethiraj <madhan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Atlas community,
>

> Over past months the dev community has been busy in enhancing Apache Atlas with new features,
improvements and fixes. Here are few features/enhancements since last major release, Apache
Atlas 2.0:

>     - added quick-search feature, to provide a simpler search experience with type-ahead
suggestions

>     - introduced Namespaces feature, which allows grouping of attributes to be applied
to multiple entity-types

>     - introduced labels on entity instances, and search for entities using the label
>
>     - enhancement to support entity instance specific custom attributes
>
>     - enhanced search to find entities by more than one classification
>
>     - introduced shell/incomplete entities to handle notifications referencing entities
that don’t (yet) exist in Atlas

>     - added REST APIs to purge deleted entities
>
>     - performance improvements in lineage retrieval and tag-propagation
>
>     - updated Atlas server to process notifications from multiple Kafka topics
>
>     - updated Hive hook to track process executions, via hive_process_execution entities
>
>     - updated Hive hook to capture DDL operations, via hive_db_ddl and hive_table_ddl
entities

>     - added models for Spark; introduced new models for AWS S3
>
>     - updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph, Jackson parser,
Spring Framework,

>     - updated authorization model to cover new features/APIs, like add/remove labels,
purge entities, update namespace attributes

> With significant improvements in place, it is time for the next maintenance release of
Apache Atlas!