axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Add clone method to axis2_property
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 04:40:51 GMT
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Damitha Kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> We copy properties from one ctx to another ctx often(in sandesha2 also)
>>> This lead to problems in Sandesha2.
>>> To avoid this would like to add a clone function ot axis2_property
>>> like we have done in
>>> aixs2_qname.
>>>

>> If we can maintain a reference counter, we could be able to get rid of
>> double freeing etc. Every time you referencing to that property
>> reference counter increases. Reference counter decrements when
>> freeing. Actual Freeing occurred when reference counter reaches to 0.
>> I think this method will be less expensive than cloning.
>
> Ref count solved the problem but increases coupling. It becomes hard
> to use it with all the places needing a reference having to deal with
> ref count.

But it seems we have to keep a reference count.  Otherwise it is
impossible to create a new context using exising context.
So it seems that we need to add an add_ref function to aixs2_property.
As Dinesh said when axis2_property_free is called
this ref count is decreased by 1 and when it is 0 actual freeding should
happen
Damitha