axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Add clone method to axis2_property
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:12:26 GMT
Hi,

Damitha Kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> We copy properties from one ctx to another ctx often(in sandesha2 also)
> This lead to problems in Sandesha2.
> To avoid this would like to add a clone function ot axis2_property
> like we have done in
> aixs2_qname.
If we can maintain a reference counter, we could be able to get rid of
double freeing etc. Every time you referencing to that property
reference counter increases. Reference counter decrements when
freeing. Actual Freeing occurred when reference counter reaches to 0.
I think this method will be less expensive than cloning.

comments please ...

BTW , I'm +1 to some kind of mechanism to handle this scenario.

thanks,
Dinesh