axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Lahiru Sandakith" <sandak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 Release Restructuring
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:24:53 GMT
Hi Amila,

please see my comment below,

On 11/2/07, Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/07, Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Amila,
> >
> > 1. From what I read I thought one of the issues (and an issue that I
> > raised) was the large number of Axis2 jars. I understood from the
> > conversation that's been taking place that the function in the many Axis
> >
> > jars would be rolled up into 3 (or 5) jars, not 3 zip (or tar, etc.)
> > distros containing many jar files.
>

> So you talking about the rolling axis2 jars into smaller number of jars.
> As chinthaka has told in here
> you want to roll all the axis2 jars into axis2-core.jar isn't it?
> And also rolled up all the axis2 jars into 3 jars like
> 1. axis2-core.jar
> 2. axis2-optional.jar
> 3. axis2-tools.jar

I clearly understand how axis2-core and axis2-optional fits together. I am
bit gray about how axis2-tools.jar add a value, because currently we have
several individual tools [command line tools , ide plugins , meven plugins
etc.] that has value individually and currently with the axis2 release, we
release them individually as Tools.
Thanks
Lahiru

I saw this entry in the kernal pom.xml file