Sorry for the very late response. But I still cannot commit to the trunk. I just tried adding myself to the developer list on root pom as a test:

svn commit -m "Updated developer list" pom.xml
Sending        pom.xml
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: access to '/repos/asf/!svn/ver/1689172/axis/axis2/java/core/trunk/pom.xml' forbidden

Thanks,
Hiranya